Donnerstag, 3. April 2008

Juliana's First Birthday (Postponed...)

Júlíana one year old!

Unbelievable, how fast time is passing! Our little girl already celebrated her first birthday!
It seems to me as if her birth took place just yesterday...

We spent a nice day (but windy) more or less outside, as she enjoys exploring the park. When she fell asleep in the afternoon, I grabbed the chance to bake chocolate muffins, and she liked them a lot - though I used dark chocolate in the dough and almost no sugar!

Concerning a little party, we plan to invite some guests next saturday.

On april 1st we had to show up in the clinic for her birthday check.


Sitting on the scale, which reads 9,585 kg.
She is now 77,5 cm long and wears size 80 / 86.

But due to an accident on sat. 29th we had no time to organize presents or baking in advance etc. Siggi's mother payed a visit south, because of the confirmation of Siggi's nephew. She stayed at her sister's, who was a textile's teacher in the old days. I promised both old ladies I'll take them on a trip to town, with the intention of visiting a few handicraft shops, and both elder girls wanted to follow us.
All was well so far, until we went on our way back to the car into the handknitting association's shop, when Siggi's aunt fell down two stairs and wasn't able to walk on her own. The outing ended at the emergency ward with Siggi's aunt waiting in a wheelchair, his mother keeping her company, and we all together had a picnic with coffeebread... Now, his aunt had her hip broken twice and is still staying in hospital. Need to pay a visit soon.

On sun. 30th we were invited to Siggi's brother Gunnar to an afternoon tea, because of his son's confirmation. These cakes were so yummie - and Verónika shared her blue- and strawberries with Júlíana.
(Yes, you see right, I finally got my hair cut. My horsetail was so thin I decided I'd better cut it off.)

Keine Kommentare:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker