Montag, 21. April 2008

using the next ten minutes...

... until our soup is done.

Finally we bought a compost bin. I'm really proud to say that I'd like to try out something I've never done before: gardening.
I told Siggi I'd like to try out and plant some vegetables, and as we have so much eco-waste I convinced him it would be great if we compost ourselves.
Now the girls have a rewarding programme going on; if they give a helping hand in the household, they'll receive a star. After 15 stars they may wish an activity and spend time with me alone. So, taking waste out is a big sport nowadays.

Yesterday, I spent the whole afternoon in the garden and began to cut trees and branches - muscles hurt today. My aim is to plant some carrots, potatoes, raspberries and perhaps parsnips as well.
But as we haven't worked in the garden the whole 8 years we live in our flat, there is a lot to do, before I can even dream about sowing.
But I'm very enthusiastic, worked a lot and I'm very proud of myself.

Soup done, write on later.

Keine Kommentare:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker