In my entire career as a mother I've never had that before: Almost the whole family is sick at home with streptokokkus inflammation. Jóhanna began last week feeling rough, I had a sore throat for weeks as well as Siggi, Verónika has a cold with extensely running nose and Júlíana sounds a bit hoarse since the last weekend...
That's why I ordered a family time at our local clinic for a strep-test. The result: I need penicillin, Jóhanna needs it and Júlíana gets her dose through my milk (for better luck I'm still nursing).
Then the hunting for medication began. We learned, that almost every pharmacy runs short on penicillin and after visiting 4 (!!!) pharmacies, we finally had our pills. We were told, that more or less the whole town lies in sickbed and the wholesaler has difficulties supplying enough medication to the pharmacies. It would take one week ordering our medication!
Today, Siggi went with Verónika to take a strep-test at the clinic, and, she as well is positive and needs penicillin. I learned from yesterday's fault and called various pharmacies, before I drove away to fetch the medicine.
And now, Julia is feeling sick as well. Together we are hanging around, trying to keep the kids busy, and not moving around to much...
The first time in my entire career as a mother I used the blessing of having a TV and parked my big girls in front of the screen. My bad conscience keeps within limits.

1 Kommentar:
grüße aus köln und gute besserung für die ganze familie.
leider kann ich dich, elena nicht
entlasten
grandmother
Kommentar veröffentlichen