Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2007

I'm so excited!

Skype is the most wonderful invention since telephone.
Today (well, on saturday) I discovered two old friends through Skype, I got to know for over 10 years ago:
My finnland-swedish friend Mira and her -newly wed- husband Johan, who vanished out of sight after I met them for the last time in 2002 when I visited Turku. The funny thing is, that I got to know her around the same time she met Johan first, and I predicted from the very beginning that they would end up married! And now they are, since last weekend. Congratulations!
My hungarian friend János lived in the same student appartment complex as me in Bonn, I guess it was in 1995 or -6 we lived on the same floor. The last time János and me met, we were on holidays in Germany four years ago, and he visited us briefly one day. After that, the contact broke for some reasons, until I got a friend's request through Skype today. Now he is situated in Greece with his new girlfriend through the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs...
It's really incredible how computer communication makes the world smaller and gives easy access to -almost- everyone, you want to find!
I'm so happy!

Keine Kommentare:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker