Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007

Best Lovey Ever!

Júlíana always needs something to hold on to, when she is falling asleep. We tried everything; she doesn't want a pacifier, the red elephant soft toy wasn't attractive enough either, her rattle-clown is a nice toy when she's content, her sheep music box (funny to wind up by dragging the tail!) seems to hard somehow, and she didn't like the different cloth diapers as well...
The other day I discovered that she enjoys biting my clothes, especially my t-shirts, when I'm holding her for burping. I decided to let her have my old high school graduation t-shirt I slept in (yummie milk odor, too, I guess). This t-shirt is already -what?!- 13 years old, soft and cuddly, and it seems as if that's she waited for.
Wow, I'm getting old... I finished High School in 1993! The shirt says "Beam me Abi Scotty" (altered quote from Space ship Enterprise) and has a green extraterrestrial on the front. (I didn't vote for this silly motto!) All names of my grade are printed on the back... That seems now as if it has been in a different time in a different world - which is of course somehow right, because I moved to another country.
My grade was a collection of oddly assorted individuals, consisting of several groups and I didn't like them very much; that's why I was released when I finally had written all exams and needn't to see this bunch anymore. Nowadays I only have got one good friend from the "old days" and we're still meeting, when we come to Germany. Honestly, I have to admit, that there are for all that some sentimental thoughts connected to that t-shirt. But for now it has a new worthy task to fulfill, being a lovey for Júlíana and giving her sweet dreams!

Keine Kommentare:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker