Poor thing has such troubles getting rid of her air, both upwards and on her rear end. Sometimes it takes up to 45 minutes of crying, screaming and sparking after nursing until she´s burping...
My friend Birna gave me her baby-book (an over 680 pages how-to manual about baby maintenance) from Sears& Sears, after she decided, her second child would definitely being her last one. Dr. Bill writes in this recommendable baby-bible: "Gassy food makes gassy babies." Yeah, right, but - I really have no idea what could cause her troubles, as I already skip everything known (and yummie, like kidney beans and garlic).
So far we rubbed her stomach, patting her back, giving her tummy-massage and holding her in various positions. Now I found out, that jumping helps, while I hold her closely to me, and finally she fell asleep again. *pheu-wiping sweat from forehead*
Other creative ideas wanted!
Little miss is drooling and nagging her hands suspiciously often the last two weeks or so, and I assume the first tooth is not far away. (Which is not unlikely, because both sisters had their first tooth by four months.) Yesterday she almost completely soaked the front of her shirt! Now we're dressing her in bibs, which looks quite funny...
But despite of her gassy intenstines, she is a bright and cheerful girl, mostly interested in -except of mom's breast of course!- watching her elder sisters play and exercising! She is really strong, rolled herself over 2 months + and is now strengthening her back and arms. Sometimes she tries to lift her bottom up! I recone with her crawling soon - and with that the time, when we need to vaccume clean three times daily...Look how strong she is!
I'm struggeling again and again with breast inflammation, or better said, with a beginning one. It occurs especially after nights, when I'm far too tired to remember to wrap my milkbar properly again after night nursing. But for better luck I've been blessed with a strong sucker and could avoid up to now the need to take in antibiotics.
Sometimes I feel I'm doing nothing else but breastfeeding, changing, hugging, and especially Verónika is really annoyed about the little attraction she's receiving.
But on the other hand --- I found a nice hugging sentence in the baby-bible mentioned above:
"[sometimes] you may think " I don´t get anything done." But you are getting something done. You are doing the most important job in the world - mothering a human being."
Aaahhh... hugs for my soul...

2 Kommentare:
Hæ elskan, Ég er sammála því að mikilvægasta verkefni á þessum aldri Júlíönu stendur nú yfir og allt annað sem framkvæma má á milli er góður bónus. Þinn, Siggi.
yep, the trials of motherhood, but then look at those lovely girls of yours, so grown already. You´re doing a great job Elena! Congratulations to you and Siggi on your wonderful third daughter.
Charda & Mika
Kommentar veröffentlichen